About the Practice
I am a member of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) and have practiced in Murrayfield, Edinburgh for some 30 years.
I offer expert personal advice on the design and construction of small to medium scale residential projects and how to make the best use of existing properties and their grounds.
These include elegant solutions to internal alterations, renovations and extensions such as family rooms and garden rooms - projects which are many and varied and include work on Listed Buildings and those within Conservation Areas.
I welcome the opportunity to meet potential clients and discuss the aspirations for their properties and the professional services which I provide.
- Advising on the feasibility of a project
- Agreeing client’s requirements and budget
- Preparing surveys
- Providing preliminary sketch designs
- Developing an agreed design
- Preparing technical drawings and specifications
- Applying for Planning Permission and Building Warrant
- Preparing tender documents
- Inviting tenders from suitable contractors
- Letting the contract
- Administering the contract during construction
- Certifying interim and final payment to the contractor
- Arranging completion certificates
These procedures are further described in the RIAS Advisory Guide.
Construction work may be carried out using a builder of your choice or I can recommend a number of experienced contractors suitable for your project who provide quality assurance, an early confirmation of budget costing and the delivery of works on time and on budget.Back to the top